The Millsaps-Wilson Library provides BIG Search for one-stop searching. Databases searchable through Big Search include EBSCO, JSTOR, and Project Muse, as well as many more. You’ll also notice that individual databases not included in BIG Search are listed and linked directly below the search box.
On top of the new search box, tabs are available to give you even more options:
Explanation of tabs:
- BIG Search is just the first of five tabs you can select. BIG Search allows you to search a multitude of databases at the same time.
- Articles & Databases Tab: This tab allows you to select one database at a time, and there may be times when this is the best option depending on your research. Click on a letter of the alphabet to find the database you need.
- Catalog Tab: You can use this tab to search only the Millsaps-Wilson Library catalog or only the Worldcat catalog.
- Journals Tab: Use this tab when you need to find out if the library subscribes to a specific journal or magazine. You can also browse for journals by subject or title.
- Research Guides: These guides are developed by librarians to help you conduct research in specific subject areas. If you find yourself not knowing how to start your research, these guides can help you get that jump start you need.